Saturday, July 18, 2015

June 2015 Income Report

Welcome to This Month’s Income Report.

Last month I made $62,065.01 working from home. From the very blog you’re reading, I have built a loyal following, created quality products, and offered services to my readers that have allowed me to build a seven figure venture.

>> SEE LAST MONTH’S INCOME REPORT <<

I believe transparency frees. Because of this, I have decided to provide my readers with a detailed monthly report of how I’ve turned my dream into a profitable reality.

Dale-Partridge

But remember, this was not easy. I have put in thousands of hours to create the life I want. But I believe you can create your dream life too. Here at StartupCamp I’ll offer you a few shortcuts, help you see your blind spots, and hopefully get you building your very own profitable company, blog, or product.

Important Considerations

I must be clear that life is not about money. Wealth is merely a tool to increase the freedom, choices, and opportunities one might have. Lastly, I want my readers to know my wife and I support various charities, causes, and needs and that our hearts are centered on a healthy understanding of wealth. All of this is incredibly important to consider as money can become damaging if not handled with honor, integrity, and responsibility.

Below, you’ll see I share everything from how I make money and where it comes from, to my monthly expenses and even my learnings.

A Little History
The previous 10 years of my life have been spent creating large companies with several employees and millions in revenue.

“But I didn’t own my companies, my companies owned me.”

Over the past year, I’ve shifted my philosophy to creating a lifestyle business around five non-negotiables so I could spend more time with my family and doing the things I love.

My 5 Non-Negotiables:

1. My work must have purpose.
2. My work must offer me freedom.
3. My work must have strong revenue potential.
4. My work must require few employees.
5. My work must allow me to live anywhere.


Important Happenings From June

1. Our New Dream Home is Almost Finished

For 7 years my wife and I dreamed of raising our family on a small ranch in the Northwest. In May 2014, we decided to make that dream a reality. We sold our current home in Southern California, made some major lifestyle changes, had hard conversations with close friends and family, and pulled the trigger on our forest-bound vision.

DP

After looking at over 60 properties in the course of 90 days, we ended up buying a 7 acre lot from a friendly woman outside of Bend Oregon. We cleared some trees, designed our home, and began a 12 month building process of our brand new 3,217 sq. foot farm-style house. And now… after hundreds of hours of hard work, we’re now just weeks away from moving in.

It’s a strong reminder that a dream is merely a wish if we don’t take action.

And remember, this wasn’t easy for us. We’re human just like you. It was risky and it demanded courage. There is a cost for being brave. There is a cost for having dreams. But it’s a cost worth it’s weight in gold. So go ahead… create the life you want. Just be willing to pay for it.

2. My Book Is Hitting The World Stage.

It’s one thing when your friend says, “I really liked your book.” It’s another when Forbes or Entrepreneur.com or MSNBC or Inc. Magazine says it. Since the book’s launch on May 5th, 2015 I have been on the edge of my seat thinking, “what if people don’t like it?” or “what if nobody buys it?” or “what if the idea is too progressive?”.

People-Over-Profit

While these fears have meandered through my mind, I’ve made a habit of never allowing them to cloud my dream. The point I have is this: It’s humbling to think leaders on the world stage are enjoying my concept. But what’s even greater is the feeling of overcoming the fear of writing a book in the first place. It’s a stark reminder that the world is waiting for your dream.

As long as we can push fear, criticism, adversity, and self-doubt aside we will find ourselves at the end of dream realized, rather than a regret actualized.


This Month’s Business Learning

Sometimes Awkwardness Is The Cost Of Clarity

Misunderstandings have caused many broken relationships, failed partnerships, and bankrupt companies. We fear clarification because we hate confrontation. We hate awkward moments and as a result we create passive aggressive moments.

When we avoid courage we put our relationships, our careers, our businesses, and our families at risk. Managing expectations is the most important thing a leader will ever do.

Critical Question: Do you have some potential misunderstandings coming up? Are you putting off confrontation due to fear? Are you afraid of “awkward” to the point of destroying an important relationship? If so, change that. Today.


This Month’s Cool Tools, Articles, & Books

Tool: Gecko Board:
Today’s entrepreneurs require visibility to be successful. We need to know traffic, conversion, new followers, sales, etc. Secondly, we need it to be real-time data. For the past 30 days I’ve been using Gecko Board as my custom executive dashboard. They have a beautiful UI and an even more impressive app. If you’re an online entrepreneur, check it out here.

Article: 27 Tactics To Boost Blog Post Conversion Rates:
Almost every business today has a blog. And those with strong content, require conversion strategies to turn people from readers to buyers. Coming from a guy who teaches people how to do this, I can vouch for this article’s wisdom and accuracy. Take a peek.

Book: The Brand Gap:
At the core, I love branding. I lean toward a creative mindset and have been told I have an eye for great design. But I have a confession, the foundation of almost all of my branding and design knowledge. has come from this book. Do yourself a favor and add it to your library.


A Look At My Team

Leadership is more than management. And employees are more than parts of your machine. It’s my belief the way you make employees feel about themselves says a lot about your business. Here is my team and the incredible roles they play in our mission to help others chase their dreams.

sevenly

Amanda Ciurdar: Executive Assistant (Full Time)

Role: Schedule, Travel, Personal Tasks, & Customer Support

sevenly

Dave Simon: Media Manager (Part Time)

Role: Filming, Editing, Audio Engineering, Podcast Recording, & Set Design

sevenly

Ciera Rose: Social Media Manager (Part Time)

Role: Scheduling, Content Creation, Blog Editing and Email Marketing

sevenly

Cory Pratt: Web Development (Retainer)

Role: Code Construction, Web Design, Wizard, & Technical Support


My Earnings in June:

Red = Lower Than Previous Month
Green = Higher Than Previous Month
Black = Stayed the Same as Previous Month

  • StartupCamp Members: $43,431.30
  • Speaking Engagements & Webinars: $0.00
  • Corporate Marketing Consulting: $4,580.00
  • One-on-One Skype Consulting: $1447.00
  • Book Sales: $810.00
  • Google Adsense: $1,021.41
  • Beacon Ads: $139.30
  • Bluehost Affiliate: (my recommendation for web hosting): $10,125.00
  • Envato Affiliate: $232.52
  • Amazon Affiliate: $278.89

Total Gross Revenue: $62,065.01


My Monthly Expenses:

  • Advertising: $233.00
    (Facebook ads & Influencer Marketing)
  • Independent Contractors: $11,055.00
  • Travel: $0.00
  • Accounting & Legal: $781.25

Monthly Subscription Expenses

  • Server Costs: $157.00
  • Rainmaker: $162
  • Zapier: $19.99
  • Grasshopper: $12.00
  • Chartbeat (Website Analytics): 9.99
  • Dropbox: $19.99
  • Mail Chimp (Email Marketing Subscription): $500.00
  • Viral Tag (Pinterest Automation): $19.99
  • Meet Edgar: $49
  • Quickbooks Online: $17.99
  • Freshbooks (Accounting Software): $29.95
  • PO BOX: $24.00
  • ShoeBoxed (Receipt App): $9.99
  • Store (Shopify): $79.00
  • Google Apps: $85.00
  • Speaking Agent Software: $54.85
  • Cell Phones: $219.00
  • Charitable Donation: $1,321.50

Total Expenses: $14,340.50


Total Net Profit: $47,675.01
Taxes To IRS: $15,732.75
Total Take Home: $31,942.26


How Many Hours I Worked Per Week

As I stated above, stewarding my time is not only critical, it’s a struggle. Making great income is nothing if it took you 60+ hours per week to do it. True financial success is making more income with less time. This month… I didn’t do so well.

Don’t get too busy making a living, you forget to make a life.

Week 1 = 13 hours
Week 2 = 32 hours
Week 3 = 21 hours
Week 4 = 23 hours
Total Hours Worked This Month: 89

Website Traffic Report:

Total Visitors at StartupCamp.com: 100,149
Total Page Views: 129,728
Total Visitors at DalePartridge.com: 276,147
Total Page Views: 364,047
Most Popular Post On StartupCamp.com:
Top 4 Ways To Become Debt Free By Age 30

Social Media Growth:

Facebook Fans:  36,838 +614 new fans this month
Twitter Followers:  140,397 -1087 lost followers this month
Instagram Followers:  24,786 +689 new followers this month
Tumblr Followers: 260,343 -302 lost followers this month
Pinterest Followers: 757,606 -207 lost followers this month
StartupCamp Email Subscribers: 20,460 +624 growth this month
DalePartridge.com Email Subscribers: 78,858 +1233 growth this month


Next Steps For You

Thank you for reading this month’s earnings report. If you liked what you read and want to start chasing your dream of owning a business I have listed a few important steps below:

  1. Consider enrolling in StartupCamp’s Entrepreneur Curriculum (video below)
  2. Start your own blog in 10 minutes (step-by-step guide)
  3. Buy my book People Over Profit to learn my view on leadership
  4. Subscribe to the StartupCamp.com podcast
  5. Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
  6. Signup for my weekly email of tips & tricks (at the bottom of this post)

View Pricing

If you’re interested in a 1 hour Skype consulting session with me, I will be offering 5 of these exclusive 1 hour sessions for $399.00 per session ($50 off regular rates) for the month of July 2015. Apply HERE if you’re interested.

To a hot July,

signature2

Dale Partridge

Learn About My Story

Do you have questions? Do you want to work for yourself but don’t know where to begin? Let me know in the comments below.

Learn How To Start Your Own Business

Get Our Exclusive Tips and Tricks Every Monday & Wednesday

*No Spam. Just Love.

The post June 2015 Income Report appeared first on StartupCamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment